Monday, April 11, 2011

Tulip Festival 2011


Look at my new stroller! Anna L sits in the wooden clogs at the entrance to the 2011 Tulip Festival. The festival goes all the way to May 1st and they except 20,000 to 30,000 people to come out this April. So head on down! You won't be disappointed.

I GOT THIS! Ryan T has a look of determination as he attempts to stay on the mechanical bull as it begins to move faster. He stayed on for a whopping 45 seconds, but to him this was a huge accomplishment.

Amita K enjoys the sereneness the tulips provide for her. "I look forward to this festival every year, it provides an escape for me. Whenever I come here I just feel so relaxed." She explains to me after I ask why she decided to come today.

The gorgeous assortment of colors of tulips is what makes the festival so popular. This weekend the tulips were only 15% in bloom. In the following weeks the flowers should be at there usual percentage of bloom for this time of the year, which is 50%.

Mother Tracy O and daughter Thia enjoy the tulips as well as the warm weather. Tracy seems to be enjoying the warm weather a fair amount as she used it as an excuse to whip out the ol' summer dress.

Caitlin C (resident of Bellevue Washinton) poses for a picture taken by Kenneth O. Most people come to the Tulip Festival for the beautiful views as well as the picture opportunities. "I want to move to Woodburn now! Well at least live here in the spring time." says Caitlin as she explains to me how much she admires the beauty.

The Wooden Shoe Farm is known for its Dutch accents all around the area. Such as, its big windmill and its wooden clogs.

Wilsonville resident Jane P enjoys the long open areas where she is free to run around and play. "This is a win win for the both of us! Because she is allowed to release pent up energy from the long car ride here!" The mother Karen P tells me as she watches her daughter run circles all around.

OW! Kenneth O decided to ride one of the many slides and as you can see regretted it at the end. "I don't think anything has ever hurt my butt more in my life" exclaims Kenneth when he gets off the slide.

Go duck go! Local residents Teri Hersch (grandmother) and Brad H (son) used the water pumps to push the rubber duck down the ramp. This was one of the many free attractions at the Tulip Festival, this one was particularly popular with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment